Torrent files are used by BitTorrent that can help you to download a file on your system. It is a peer-to-peer sharing system using which you can download a file from even multiple locations. The file consists of all the metadata about the file like the name of the file, size of the file, or the folder structure. You can use these torrent files to download movies, TV shows, Video games, and sometimes applications on your device. This is one of the methods to download content for free. IF you have come across a torrent file and you do not know how to open it, read this article. In this article, we have mentioned all the ways that you can use to open the Torrent file. We have mentioned steps for all the platforms. Read the article to know how to open a Torrent file.
Steps to open Torrent File on Desktop
First, we are going to explain to you how you can open a Torrent file on the desktop. We have mentioned a stepwise process that you will have to follow. Read the steps carefully and follow them in the same way as we have mentioned.
- The very first thing that you have to do is to open the BitTorrent official website on your system. Make sure that you have opened the official website only.
- After this, you will have to choose a download link to download it on your system. You will have to select it according to the operating system you are using. For windows, you will have to click on the 64-bit installer link and for Mac, you will get the DMG link.
- After the completion of the download, you will have to double-click on the name of the downloaded file.
- After this, you will have to click on the Yes option if the prompt appears on the screen to install the application. If you are using a Mac system, you will have to drag the application in the Applications folder. Once done, you may have to verify the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- After this, you will have to click on the torrent file and then you will see that all the files are opened in the qBitTorrent. In case you are a mac user, you will have to click on the file once and then you will have to click on the option to open with and from the list, you will have to select the qBitTorrent application.
- You will then have to click on the “I agree” option when it will prompt on the screen.
- After this, you will have to select a location on your system. You will have to redirect it to the location where you want to store the file.
- You will then have to click on the ok option and then you can view all the torrent files in the software. The name of the folder of Torrent will be the same as that of the torrent file.
Steps to open a Torrent File on Android
Now, in this section of the article, we are going to explain to you how you can open a Torrent file on Android. Read and follow the steps in the same way as we have mentioned.
- The very first thing that you have to do is to download the torrent file. You will have to start the process only after downloading the torrent file on your system.
- Now, you will have to open the play store on your device. In the play store, you will have to look for the uTorrent application. You will then have to download the application on your system and install it.
- Now, you will have to close the Google play store. Now, you will have to open the file manager on your device. You can find the application in the app drawer.
- After this, you will have to open the folder in which you have stored the file. You can find it in the internal storage of your device.
- Once you have found the file, you will have to click on the name of the file to open the file.
- After this, it will be redirected to the application.
- It will ask you for certain permissions. You will have to click on the Allow option every time.
- You will then see that the download of the file is started. You will have to wait for it to complete. When it will be complete, you can play the file on your system.
So, these were all the steps that you will have to follow to open a Torrent file on your system. We have mentioned all the steps that you will have to follow to open torrent file on both Windows and Android. Hopefully, the article has helped you and was beneficial for you.