EPS stands for Encapsulated PostScript file format. This file contains images, texts, or 2D vector graphics. Also, you may find embedded preview images in these files. This file format was introduced as a standard format to share images across different platforms or portals. The file format is very common for professionals. They use it to save drawings or their artwork in this file format. The file format is not so common and people may not come across it as frequently as they do with other file formats. There are still many applications that can help you to open the EPS file on the system. In this article, we are going to explain the same to you. We have mentioned different applications that can help you to open EPS files on your system. Stay tuned to the article to know how to open an EPS file on your system.
How to open an EPS file?
Open EPS file using an Online Viewer
The first method that we are going to explain to you is to use Online Viewer to open EPS files on the system. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you will have to follow to open an EPS file using an Online viewer.
- The very first thing that you have to do is to open the 3M art viewer on your system. You will have to visit the official website of the tool.
- After this, you will get a browse option on the screen and you will have to click on it. Select the file that you wish to view.
- To do that, you will have to open the folder in which you have stored the file and then click on the option to open it.
- Once done, it will load on the page. You will then have to click on the view image button appearing on the screen.
- The image will then appear on your screen.
Open EPS file using Adobe illustrator
Now, the next application that you can use to open EPS files on your system is Adobe illustrator. This is a paid tool but you can use it for a trial period to know how the tool works. Other than this, you can use the tool to open different files or your system, and also, you can edit the pictures using the advanced tools. You will have to download the tool from the internet and you can then install it to use it. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you will have to follow to use Adobe Illustrator to open EPS file on your system.
- You will first have to download the Adobe Illustrator application on your system and install it on your system. Once done, you will have to on the application on your system.
- Now, in the tool window, you will have to look for the file option and then you will have to click on it. Also, you can press the Ctrl key and the O key together to open it on your system.
- You will then have to select the file that you wish to open.
- After selecting it, you will have to click on the open button and it will open the image on your system.
Applications that can open an EPS file on your system
We hope that now you know the process to open an EPS file on your system. In this section of the article, we are going to list different applications that can open an EPS file on your system. Read the list below and select the appropriate application to open the file on your system.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
The first application that you can use to open an EPS file on your system is Corel DRAW Graphics suites. This is a paid application but you get to use the application in the trial mode so that you can know if you want to use the application or not. This is one of the professional applications that people use to edit the pictures on their system. The interface of the application is easy to use. There are different advanced tools present in the application that you can use to edit the pictures on your system. So, if you are looking for a professional application to open EPS file on Windows, you can consider this application.
The next application is for Mac users. This application is bundled with the Mac OS. You do not have to pay for the application. This application can help you to open the EPS file on your system and you can also open other different formats on the system. The application can also be used to convert the file in some other format if you want. You can also use the application to edit the pictures on your system. You can also import or export images from this application.
This is free to use application that you can use to open an EPS file on Linux. If you want to use the application for private purposes, this application is free for you but in case you need it for commercial purposes, you will have to get the license for the same. This application can support 500 formats. You can also edit the pictures on the system. Other than this, you can also open the file in different modes like strip mode, thumbnail mode. So, this is an appropriate application that you can use to open images that have obscure formats.
Other than the applications that we have mentioned, you can also try to convert the file in some other format. Converting it to some other format can help you to open it in your desired application. You can either convert it online or download an application for the same.
This is it. These were all the applications that you can use to open an EPS file on your system. We hope that we have explained to you will on how to open EPS file on your system. Hopefully, this article will help you.