Did your desktop fail to open the BIN file? Do you know why did this happen? The sole answer to these questions is that BIN files are certainly an old set of files that are not quite supported on the latest operating system. In such a case, one must download and install a separate software that will help you open these BIN files. BIN files can be troublesome to open if not supported. Let’s know more that is there about BIN files.
WHAT IS A BIN FILE?
.BIN is an extension that is related to compressed binary files. Many other applications utilize it on your computer for various reasons. The .bin extension is used with CD and DVD backup image files and certain anti-virus programs. A variety of application uses the binary data. Some of the BIN files are saved in a simple binary format; these files can be opened with a text editor. However, other files are made up of different applications like the Roxio Creator. Such files need a particular set of program to open up.
BIN is considered to be the copy of entire CDs/DVDs in the form of binary code. Such binary code are capable of being translated into images, texts, videos, etc. Here, one must understand that BIN is mere copy or duplicate of the files or folders, i.e. the raw data present in the original disc, sector by sector. Such files require certain software to extract such files and folders.
On a PC the BIN files are used to take a backup of pictures or files or any other program which cannot be legitimately opened on your PC. However, certain methods are using which you can open such bin files. You can either consume it to a plate or mount it to a virtual drive and the second option is to convert the bin file into an ISO file.
Here we’ll understand how one can open a BIN file:
- Locate the BIN file that you wish to burn to a CD or DVD.
- Then make a CUE file for that open the notepad on your desktop.
- Click on file option to select save as CUE extension.
- Open the desired burning application and load the image file onto that application.
- Insert a blank CD or DVD before starting the burning process.
- After inserting the CD, click on Start to start the burning of the disc.
- Once the process is complete test the disc and checks the available files.
- The next option to download a software program from the website.
- The web contains tons of software applications that are easily available.
- After downloading the required application, create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Locate the BIN file on your computer to open and to read.
- Right-click on the file and click open with
- Select the desired application that you wish to open the bin file with
- Make sure you make that the default file to open it.
- After this process, your BIN file will open with the right application you made available on the Windows.
BIN FILES CAN BE OPENED WITH FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
- Kega Fusion
OPEN BIN FILE ON YOUR ANDROID NOW:
- The most initial step is to visit your play store to download app installer.
- Go to settings to enable installing from unknown sources before you install any app.
- Then, you have to connect your phone to the PC and enable file transfer.
- Open my computer file from your desktop to view the files from your cell phone.
- Locate the BIN file on your mobile phone.
- Rename the file extension from BIN to APK.
- Then disconnect the device from your PC.
- Open the renamed APK on the phone and install it on your phone.
Now you know what exactly BIN files are. Now you can open the BIN files on your desktop and also on your Android phone. BIN files are not so very useful until you have to extract some lost data. The binary files will help you always. Make sure you do not alter any software files in this process or else you might have to suffer from the malfunction of your applications.