OBJ file (Object File) format is a 3D image file format that you can open using the 3D image editing programs. The file can contain different 3-dimensional objects that can include all the three -dimensional details of the object like the coordinates, polygon faces, texture, and maps. Other than this, the files can contain references to different MTL files. The file format is a universal file format. It can be supported by a lot of image editing programs. Moreover, the file format is text-based and many applications can be used to open the file. In case you have come across an obj file on your system and you do not know how to open the file, stay tuned with the article. Read the article to know how to open an obj file on your system. We have mentioned all the steps and the applications that you can use to open the obj file on the system. Read the article till the end to know how to open an obj file on the system.
Steps to open an OBJ File on Windows
First, we are going to explain to you how you can open the Obj file on Windows operating system. Read the steps mentioned below and follow them in the same way as we have mentioned.
- the very first step is to look for the folder in which you have stored your OBJ file. You can use the Windows key and the E key together to open the file explorer on the system. From the file explorer, you will have to select the file that you wish to open.
- After that, you will have to right-click on the file. It will then open a menu for you.
- From the menu, you will have to select the option to open with and then click on it.
- Now, you will get a list of all the programs that you can use to open the file. You will have to select a 3D program to open the file.
- After this, the file will open on your system. You can then edit, view, and save the file.
Steps to open OBJ file on macOS
Now, in this section of the article, we are going to explain to you how you can open the OBJ file in Mac OS. To open an obj file on Mac, you will have to use an application named, MeshLab. The application is available for different platforms so, you will have to download it according to the operating system you are using. We will recommend you to use the application because the application is free to use. You will have to follow the steps that we have mentioned below. Read the steps carefully and follow them in the same way as we have mentioned.
- The very first thing that you have to do is to download the meshlab application on your system. You will have to download it from the official website and download it according to the OS version you are using.
- After downloading the file, you will have to install it on your system.
- Now, that you have installed it in your system, you will have to open the application and then you will have to click on the option looking like a folder.
- Now, you will have to select the file that you wish to import into your application.
- Click on the open option and it will open the file for you on your system.
Software Programs that can open OBJ File
In this section of the article, we are going to mention some of the applications that you can use to open an OBJ file on your system. You may use these applications if you do not want to use the applications that we have mentioned above. The process to open the file will remain the same. Read the list of all the applications below.
This is one of the best 3D modeling software available. The application is available for all the platforms and you can download it from the official website. Other than this, this is paid application but you get the free trial option. The application can help you to create some realistic effects like smoke, water, explosion, and even more. There are different tools available in the application that can help you to edit the 3D files on your system. You can also customize the tool using the Maya language scripting.
NewTek LightWave 3D
The next application that you can use to open the obj file on your system is NewTek LightWave 3D. As the name suggests, the application can be used to open the 3D files on the system. The application has a simple and easy interface that can make it easier for you to use the tool. The application can also be used to create a virtual model of a particular location with the help of all the equipment. The application can also support a lot of physical inputs like sensors, tablets, mice, and much more. You will have to pay to use the application but you get the free trial version so that you can get familiar with the tool.
Now, if you are looking for a free tool to open an OBJ file, you can use Blender. This is free software that you can use on any platform. The application can be used to edit graphics and even create a new one. Using the application you can also create animations, 3D models, video, games, and even much more. The application can support all the common file formats and also some of the obscure file formats. if you want to extend the functionality of the tool, you can also add different plugins that can help you to use the tool for various things.
So, this was all you need to know about how to open Obj file on the system. We have tried to mention all the steps and applications that you can use. We hope that this article was helpful for you and you have benefitted from it.